Stuffed Mushrooms made easy
Kraft has 'extended' recipes on this simple base recipe but this is what we had when we went to Nana's house.
How to Make Stuffed Mushrooms made easy
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems (save stems). Gently clean each mushroom cap so you have a "space" to put the filling.
Chop the stems as fine or as course as you like them.
- Crush Ritz crackers. Judge how many you will need by how many mushrooms you have and how big they are.
NOTE: Ritz crackers are the best. You could use other crackers but Nana preferred Ritz.
- Add chopped stems to crushed mushrooms. Again, this is guess work depending how how much mushroom taste you like. I use 1/4 chopped mushrooms to 3/4 crushed crackers.
Like Nana use to say "wing it"
- Pour melted butter over cracker mix just enough to moisten and stay together. Again, use more or less depending on how many mushrooms you have.
Fill mushrooms. Bake 350 for 15 - 20 minutes.
- You can add to or adjust this according to taste. Remember Nana didn't have much back then so she kept it simple.
I have added fresh sauteed spinach. Other times I simply sprinkle cheese on top and put back in the oven just until melted. This is a good basic recipe, Create and Enjoy!