Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
I found this in a magazine a while back and have enjoyed this jelly since then..
Caution: IF your hands are sensitive you will need to wear rubber gloves when handling the jalapenos. IF you don't use gloves wash your hands after working with the peppers...
- 5 c
- medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c
- finely chopped green pepper (1 med-large)
- jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c
- drops of green food coloring or for red 8-10 drops
- pouches (3oz each) liquid fruit pectin (certo)
Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
At this point if you are making two different colors, divide mixture in half. Return liquid to pan
Return to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in pectin (1 pouch if using 1/2 the liquid) Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.