Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
1 lbelbow macaroni
2 cwarm milk
1 lbgrated smoked gouda
1 lbgrated cheddar cheese
·salt and pepper to taste
3 cpanko bread crumbs
·oil for frying
·marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping
How to Make Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
- Cook macaroni, drain well.
- In saucepan melt the butter and add the flour stirring to make a roux. Slowly add in the warm milk stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the cheeses. Stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the macaroni
- Refrigerate until cold. Roll into balls and freeze overnight.
- Beat the eggs with a little milk and set in a dish. Put bread crumbs in separate dish. Dredge the frozen mac balls in egg wash and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden. Serve with dipping sauce.