- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) kraft philadelphia regular cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 oz
- crab meat or 2 sticks imitation crab meat (finely diced)
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- wonton wrappers
- oil, for deep frying
How to Make Crab Rangoon
- 1Mix all the cream cheese, crab meat, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Stir to blend well. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper.
- 2Fold the two ends of the wonton wrapper together. Fold the other two ends to make a tiny parcel. Pinch to seal tight and make sure that there is no leakage. Use a little water to help sealing if needed.
- 3Heat up a pot of oil for deep-frying and fry the crab rangoon until golden brown. Dish out with a strainer or slotted spoon, draining the excess oil by laying the crab rangoon on a dish lined with paper towels. Let the crab rangoon cools down a bit before serving them with sweet and sour sauce.
- 4Cook’s Notes:
Use real crab meat if possible. My crab rangoon is based on the version I had in Chinese buffet restaurants, with imitation crab meat.
Don’t serve the crab rangoon immediately after deep-frying as the filling will be too hot!