Tomato Bacon Bon Bons with Bacon Taziki sauce
Blue Ribbon Recipe
There is bacon in every layer of this recipe. A bacon lovers dream recipe! The Taziki sauce really adds a great level of taste. These will be such a great appetizer at your next party. The Test Kitchen
2 lbpork sausage, mild, ground up
12 smallgrape tomatoes
1 pkgcream cheese whipped
2 ccooked bacon bits, diced fine
2 cdiced raw bacon, fine dice
1 pkgpanko bread crumbs
1 casiago cheese, grated
1 Tbsporegano, fresh, diced fine
6 largeegg yolks
1/2 cranch dressing
1 pthome made fresh salsa of your choice
1 largeenglish cucumber, diced fine
4 cCrisco food shortening
How to Make Tomato Bacon Bon Bons with Bacon Taziki sauce
- First you will take this step by step, take the grape tomatoes and core out the center, once done set them aside, take the cream cheese and whip in the bacon bits, you're looking for a rich bacon flavored cream cheese, make sure this is whipped to the point of frosting,
- Now take a piping bag with a small tip, or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut out, fill the bag with the cream cheese mix and stuff the tomato with the mixture until it's full, once your done, set in fridge.
- Now take sausage and raw bacon and mix together with the Asiago cheese, take a small amount and wrap the sausage mix around the stuffed tomato, just like a scotch egg.
- Once all tomatoes are stuffed and wrapped with the meat mixture, set them aside and start the breading set up, in one bowl add the milk and eggs and whip till blended, second bowl is going to be bread crumbs and third bowl will be your stuffed bacon pork wrapped tomato.
- Now once everything is ready, you need to do the sauce, take salsa, ranch and 1 cup of bacon bits and load into food processor along with one cup of diced English cucumber, it should look red but also light.
- Heat a med sized heavy duty pan up with three cups of grease with a candy thermometer to 300 deg, now take one of the bacon stuffed tomatoes, and dip them into egg first, then bread all over, now take them and dip them into hot grease and fry till golden brown, 6 to 8 min each.
- Place each bon bon on a grate to drain the grease off, when there all ready drained, take and place on favorite dish, for the sauce, serve in a bowl on the side or spoon sauce over top or if you have a Chinese spoon set, put sauce in bottom and a tomato bon bon on top and bon appetite!