This Little Piggy Meatballs
10 slicehickory smoked bacon-cut each in half crosswise
10 ozlean ground pork
1/3 cfinely chopped yellow onion
1/4 cpineapple juice
1/4 cfinely chopped cilantro
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspground black pepper
3/4 tspsmoked sweet paprika
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
How to Make This Little Piggy Meatballs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick pan spray.
- Fry bacon(half of the bacon at a time)on medium heat in a 12-inch non-stick skillet until medium doneness (some browning but not crisp). Remove bacon from skillet with tongs and place on paper towels, cool and chop into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine bacon, ground pork, onion, pineapple juice, cilantro, salt, black pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic powder until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls (mixture maybe a little wet and balls not perfect) and place in prepared baking dish. Makes 20 to 24 balls.
- Bake meatballs for 15 to 18 minutes or until internal temperature of 145 to 150 degrees F.
- Serve meatballs with your favorite dipping sauce or in a small slow cooker with your favorite sauce.