Sweet Bacon Explosion
How to Make Sweet Bacon Explosion
- Place doghnuts on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer to stiffen up. About 30 minutes or less.
- In a deep pot ( I use a cast iron dutch oven), preheat peanut oil to 350 degrees.
- Remove doghnuts from freezer and wrap each one with a slice of bacon. The bacon should be wrapped evenly and not overlap to ensure propper doneness. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon to the doughnut.
- Fry until the bacon is cooked and almost mahogany in color. Remove and let cool on a rack placed over paper towels.
- Once cool enough to handle, use a syringe to fill them with the pepper jelly. Garnish by sprinkling with powdered sugar.