Spring Hill Ranch's Beef Tongue Appetizers
This recipe is an adjustment and adaptation of one from James Beard. The pictures are mine.
- 2 Tbsp
- salted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp
- roquefort cheese (or bleu, gorgonzola or stilton), crumbled
- 1/2 tsp
- grated horseradish (not horseradish "sauce")
- 1/2 lb
- very thinly sliced cooked and trimmed beef tongue
- garnish: fresh parsley leaves or dill weed
How to Make Spring Hill Ranch's Beef Tongue Appetizers
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, Roquefort cheese and horseradish, mashing and mixing it thoroughly with a fork.
- 2Lay out your strips of tongue out on a flat surface. Place a thin layer of the butter mixture onto each slice of tongue. Place a small bit of parsley or dill on each side. Roll or fold over the tongue so that the bits of the parsley or dill are showing at the ends. Secure them with toothpicks. Cover and refrigerate the appetizers until you are ready to serve them.