Spicy Island Ravioli
- fresh pineapple
- 2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 1/2 lb
- ground pork
- 1 bunch
- green onions, chopped, green and white parts separated.
- 1/8 tsp
- celery seed
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- soy sauce, divided
- 32 oz
- beef stock
- 1-2 Tbsp
- plus 1 tsp siracha hot sauce (to taste)
- wonton wrappers
How to Make Spicy Island Ravioli
- 1Pre-heat grill to medium high.
- 2Slice pineapple into ½ inch rounds.
Grill 3 slices pineapple, 2-3 minutes per side, just until pineapple gets good grill marks and is cooked through. Set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile in medium skillet heat sesame oil over medium high heat. Brown ground pork in sesame oil along with ¼ cup of the white parts of the green onion, until meat is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp Siracha, celery seed and the garlic powder.
- 4Roughly chop grilled pinapple and place in a heavy plastic bag. Using a meat mallet or a small heavy sauce pan, crush the pineapple. Stir crushed pineapple and any juices into meat mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5In a medium sauce pan, stir together beef stock, remaining soy sauce and siracha. Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat.
- 6While Broth is coming to a simmer, put together raviolis. Working quickly, brush 4 edges of one wonton wrapper with water. Place heaping Tablespoon of pork filling in center of wrapper. Dip edges of a second wrapper in water, and place over filling. Press out air, and press edges down firmly. Fold edges of bottom wrapper up over edges of top wrapper. Pinch firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Cover with a slightly damp paper towel until broth is ready.
- 7Place filled raviolis in gently boiling broth. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a slotted spoon, remove raviolis to shallow bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with 1 Tablespoon green onion tops (the green parts only) Ladle a little broth over each ravioli. Serve immediately.