Spicy Island Ravioli
2 tspsesame oil
1/2 lbground pork
1 bunchgreen onions, chopped, green and white parts separated.
1/8 tspcelery seed
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/4 csoy sauce, divided
32 ozbeef stock
1-2 Tbspplus 1 tsp siracha hot sauce (to taste)
How to Make Spicy Island Ravioli
- Pre-heat grill to medium high.
- Slice pineapple into ½ inch rounds.
Grill 3 slices pineapple, 2-3 minutes per side, just until pineapple gets good grill marks and is cooked through. Set aside to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium skillet heat sesame oil over medium high heat. Brown ground pork in sesame oil along with ¼ cup of the white parts of the green onion, until meat is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp Siracha, celery seed and the garlic powder.
- Roughly chop grilled pinapple and place in a heavy plastic bag. Using a meat mallet or a small heavy sauce pan, crush the pineapple. Stir crushed pineapple and any juices into meat mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together beef stock, remaining soy sauce and siracha. Bring to a gentle boil over medium high heat.
- While Broth is coming to a simmer, put together raviolis. Working quickly, brush 4 edges of one wonton wrapper with water. Place heaping Tablespoon of pork filling in center of wrapper. Dip edges of a second wrapper in water, and place over filling. Press out air, and press edges down firmly. Fold edges of bottom wrapper up over edges of top wrapper. Pinch firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. Cover with a slightly damp paper towel until broth is ready.
- Place filled raviolis in gently boiling broth. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Using a slotted spoon, remove raviolis to shallow bowls. Sprinkle each bowl with 1 Tablespoon green onion tops (the green parts only) Ladle a little broth over each ravioli. Serve immediately.