Southwestern Chicken Avocado Eggrolls
When I ran out of chicken mixture, I used the last of my avocado and cheese slices, with a little salt and pepper and did them into egg rolls and they were pretty good too!
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup cooked chicken (i use a rotisserie)
- 3-4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa (desired temperature)
- 2 sliced avocado
- 8 reduced fat cheese sticks, quartered
- egg roll wrappers
- oil, for saluting and frying
How to Make Southwestern Chicken Avocado Eggrolls
- 1In a skillet sauté garlic and onions, until the onions are transparent. Add cooked chicken and salsa, heat through. Cube cream cheese and add to skillet, stir until melted.
- 2Place egg roll in a diamond position. Place about 1 tablespoon chicken mixture, 2 quarters of cheese stick, and one slice of Avacado on the center of the egg roll wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water and roll, tucking the ends in to seal.
- 3Heat oil to fry egg rolls. Cook several at a time (don't overcrowd), until golden brown. Strain on a plate with a paper towel. Serve warm.