How to Make Sausage Bread
- Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Remove from pan; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
- Unroll dough into a rectangular shape on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle evenly with sausage and cheese.
- Beginning with 1 long side, roll up, jelly-roll fashion. Turn, seam side down, on baking sheet, and pinch ends to secure filling inside
- Cut 3 (1/4" deep) slits across top of dough with a sharp paring knife.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- NOTE: For testing purposes, Pillsbury Crusty French Loaf was used.