Lil Beef & Caramelized Onion Sandwiches
These are delicious little party sandwiches...sure to please at any get together, and can be put together in a jiffy. So good too!
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c
- fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 large
- sweet onions - thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- ground pepper to taste
- cocktail sandwich buns
- 1 1/2 lb
- deli sliced roast beef
How to Make Lil Beef & Caramelized Onion Sandwiches
- 1In a medium bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the horseradish, mustard and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes before using.
- 2Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
Cook, stirring often, 30 minutes or until caramelized.
Stir in vinegar and pepper.
Remove from heat, cool slightly.
Split rolls in half.
Spread tops and bottoms of rolls with the horseradish spread.
Place roast beef on bottoms of rolls.
Top beef with caramelized onions.
Cover with tops.