Hawaiian Spam Wontons
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)low sodium spam
6 stalk(s)green onion
2 Tbspsoy sauce (or more to taste)
1/2 tspaccent, optional
1 pkgwonton wrappers
How to Make Hawaiian Spam Wontons
- Cube the spam into very small cubes.
- Slice the green onions into thin slices.
- Add a tiny bit of oil to a pan and toss in the spam and saute a few minutes. Toss in the green onions and saute a few minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce. I use low sodium soy sauce. To taste. You do not want it too juicy but you want it flavorful.
- Add the Accent. This is optional. A lot of folks do not use MSG and I rarely use it.
- Saute together until the green onions have wilted. Set aside. (you will have to resist taking bites of this).
- Take a wonton wrapper and place a spoonful of the spam mixture in the middle. Fold over once and seal the edges with your finger dipped in water.
- Place wontons in a pan covered with a damp paper towel to keep them moist.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Serve with Tiger Sauce or any sweet thai chili sauce.