Hawaiian Spam Wontons
- 1 can(s)
- low sodium spam
- 6 stalk(s)
- green onion
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp
- accent, optional
- 1 pkg
- wonton wrappers
How to Make Hawaiian Spam Wontons
- 1Cube the spam into very small cubes.
- 2Slice the green onions into thin slices.
- 3Add a tiny bit of oil to a pan and toss in the spam and saute a few minutes. Toss in the green onions and saute a few minutes.
- 4Add in the soy sauce. I use low sodium soy sauce. To taste. You do not want it too juicy but you want it flavorful.
- 5Add the Accent. This is optional. A lot of folks do not use MSG and I rarely use it.
- 6Saute together until the green onions have wilted. Set aside. (you will have to resist taking bites of this).
- 7Take a wonton wrapper and place a spoonful of the spam mixture in the middle. Fold over once and seal the edges with your finger dipped in water.
- 8Place wontons in a pan covered with a damp paper towel to keep them moist.
- 9Deep fry until golden brown.
Serve with Tiger Sauce or any sweet thai chili sauce.