1 Tbsponion, minced fine
1 Tbspcelery minced fine
1 Tbspsweet red pepper, minced fine
1/2 tspgsp (equal parts garlic, salt, pepper mix)
1/2 tspOld Bay seasoning
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 lblump crab meat, fresh
1 cpanko bread crumbs
·oil for deep frying
How to Make Crab Balls
- Heat oil on medium-high until droplets of water sizzle and pop.
- Mix together the vegetables and crab meat.
- Sprinkle spices and flour over crab mixture, stir until coated.
- Add beaten egg and mix until just combined.
- Form 8 balls out of crab mixture using a large cookie scoop.
- Gently roll each ball in panko crumbs and set on a plate.
- Gently put them in the hot oil
- Cook about 5-7 minutes, when they begin to float turn them over with a slotted spoon.
- Cook 4-5 minutes more until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Cool just a few minutes and serve plain or with your choice of sauce.