Even though the cooking method says "bake," you will also cook the meatballs in a skillet before you bake them.
1 lbground beef - 80/20 lean to fat
1/2 cdry bread crumbs - not italian, not panko
1/3 cdry minced onion
1/4 cskim miilk
1 Tbspsnipped dry parsley
1/2 tspworcestershire sauce
12 ozchili sauce
10 ozgrape jelly
How to Make Cocktail Meatballs
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, parsley, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- In a skillet, heat the chili sauce and grape jelly until the jelly is melted.
- Add the meatballs and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Simmer the meatballs, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a platter to serve.
Stick toothpicks in each meatball to make serving easier.