Bacon wrapped & stuffed Medjool Dates
Fun fact….Dates are a sweet snack alternative for health conscious consumers. Low in fat, and sodium, they contain no cholesterol, and are high in fiber and magnesium. Plus, dates contain more potassium than a banana, and are rich in iron!
- medjool dates
- chicken and apple sausages (i use aidells brand)
- 1/2 c
- crumbled goat cheese
- 8 slice
How to Make Bacon wrapped & stuffed Medjool Dates
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9x9 baking dish with tin foil.
- 2Using a food processor or blender, grind the sausage until in small bits. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3Add the goat cheese to the sausage, toss to blend. Set aside.
- 4Slice open the Dates, without cutting all the way through, and remove the pit.
- 5Cut the bacon pieces in half so you have 16 pieces.
- 6Stuff the Dates with the sausage/cheese mixture, then wrap with a piece of bacon, tightly. Place in prepared pan.
- 7Once all the Dates are stuffed and wrapped, place in oven until bacon begins to crisp (about 10 minutes). Remove the pan and flip the dates to crisp up the opposite side as well (probably another 10 minutes). Remove from oven when done, let cool, and serve!