16 mediumjalapeno peppers
1/2 lbshredded monterrey jack cheese
1/2 lbshredded cheddar cheese
1/2 lbspicy breakfast sausage
1 1/2 cbiscuit mix
1 boxshake 'n bake (pork)
How to Make Armadillo Eggs
- Mix Monterrey Jack cheese and sausage. Add biscuit mix a little at a time until thoroughly mixed. It should become a thick dough.
- Knead for several minutes then set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit on one side of each jalapeno leaving the other side intact. Remove the seeds.
- Stuff each with cheddar cheese. Pinch edges together to close. Set aside.
- Take a small piece of the dough mixture (2 rounded Tbsp.)and flatten it to 1/4 in thick. Wrap it around the stuffed pepper to make an egg shape. Be sure the pepper is sealed completely.
- Dip the "egg" into the beaten egg then roll in the Shake 'n Bake to coat. Repeat with all the peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want to make these ahead of time: Unbaked Armadillo Eggs may be refrigerated up to 2 hours before baking or frozen up to 1 month. If frozen, add about 5 minutes to the baking time.