Amazing Apple Pie Enchiladas
How to Make Amazing Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Open your can of Apple Pie filling and scoop out into a bowl.
- Put 1/2 cup of pie filling into each flour tortilla and sprinkle with your sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Roll them up tucking in sides and place seam side down in a sprayed 9x13 cake pan.
- NOTE: I doubled the recipe and used large flour tortillas. I put 1/2 cup filling in tortillas. You can use small tortillas and 1/4 cup of filling and not double the recipe. You dont have to use all of the sugar/cinnamon mixture. I just sprinkled some (your judgement) on the filling before rolling it up.
- FOR SAUCE: In saucepan, put in butter, white sugar and brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil stirring constantly and then simmer for three minutes. Pour or ladle sauce over tortillas and let set for 45 minutes. NOTE: I also doubled sauce ingredients because I used large tortillas. I didnt use all the sauce as it makes quite a bit. I made sure the sauce was half way up on the side of the enchiladas. Again, you will have quite a bit of sauce left over. I just didnt think there was enough sauce for the large tortillas so I doubled the sauce (your choice).
- After sitting for 45 minutes, Put into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned on top. Serve warm, next to, or on the side of some vanilla ice cream. Its delicious!