Mary Jo Terzo
Shalyn Quigley now makes them for us!
- 3 slice
- shallots chopped
- 1/2 medium
- red pepper minced (3 oz.)
- 2 tsp
- 2 jar(s)
- pepperoncini peppers (9-10.5 oz.)
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 can(s)
- crabmeat or shrimp (optional)
How to Make Stuffed Pepperoncini
- 1Drain pepperoncini. In non-stick 10" skillet, cook bacon on med-low heat, stirring occasionally until bacon is brown, with slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tbsp. of bacon drippings.
- 2Drippings in skillet cook shallots & red peppers on medium heat stirring frequently until vegetables are tender (app. 5 min).
- 3In small bowl w/mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese & milk until smooth. Add bacon & shallots mixture, beat only until combined.
- 4Spoon cream cheese mixture into heavy weight plastic bag w/one corner cut to make 1/4" opening. With small knife cut slit lengthwise in each pepper. Be careful not to cut all the way through pepper.
- 5Squeeze or spoon cream cheese mixture into peppers. Cover and refrigerate up to one day.