Mary Jo Terzo
Shalyn Quigley now makes them for us!
1/2 mediumred pepper minced (3 oz.)
2 jar(s)pepperoncini peppers (9-10.5 oz.)
8 ozcream cheese
1 can(s)crabmeat or shrimp (optional)
How to Make Stuffed Pepperoncini
- Drain pepperoncini. In non-stick 10" skillet, cook bacon on med-low heat, stirring occasionally until bacon is brown, with slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tbsp. of bacon drippings.
- Drippings in skillet cook shallots & red peppers on medium heat stirring frequently until vegetables are tender (app. 5 min).
- In small bowl w/mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese & milk until smooth. Add bacon & shallots mixture, beat only until combined.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into heavy weight plastic bag w/one corner cut to make 1/4" opening. With small knife cut slit lengthwise in each pepper. Be careful not to cut all the way through pepper.
- Squeeze or spoon cream cheese mixture into peppers. Cover and refrigerate up to one day.