Sausage and Pepper Cheesecake
- 1 c
- crushed round buttery crackers (about 24 crackers)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter or maargarine, melted
- 1 lb
- spicy bulk pork sausage
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz) refrigerated tricolor dices bell peppers
- 3 pkg
- (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 oz
- smoked gouda cheese, shredded (1 cup)
How to Make Sausage and Pepper Cheesecake
- 1Heat oven to 375. Spray 9 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix crackers and butter until blended. Press in bottom of pan Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 300 after removing crust from oven.
- 2Meanwhile, cook sausage and diced bell peppers in 12 inch skillet. Cook until sausage is no longer pink. Drain, set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add whipping cream, salt and eggs; beat on low speed just until smooth. Stir in cheese and sausage and pepper mixture. Pour over crust; smooth top.
- 4Bake 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn oven off; open door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes. (Make sure no children or adults are around who might run into hot oven door that is slightly open.) Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Col in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
To serve run small metal spatula around edge of pan; carefully remove side of pan.