Muddy Buddy Cheeseball
Now that I use to make desserts “for a living” I’m kind of always expected to bring sweets to parties. So when I was invited to a Baby Shower for a friend My mind immediately went to a cheeseball. A sweet, chocolaty version, that is.I took the classic muddy buddy flavors (chocolate and peanut butter) and mixed them with cream cheese to form a thick, sweet, rich cheeseball. It’s almost like eating fudge, but you get to put it on cookies and apples so, um, it’s better.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 bag(s)milk chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1 cpeanut butter
·things to dip: cookies, pretzels, fruit, or pie crust dippers
1/2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Muddy Buddy Cheeseball
- Melt chocolate chips in a large, microwave safe bowl for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- Add peanut butter and cream cheese to melted chocolate.
- Mix with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Divide into two portions. Use your hands to form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill for about an hour (or more - this can be done a day ahead, but let come to room temperature before continuing).
- Right before serving, place powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Roll each ball in it two times, completely coating each time.
- Serve with cookies or fruit. (After awhile, you may need to add more powdered sugar. It will begin to dissolve.)