16 ozround brie cheese
1 sheet(s)frozen puff pastry, thawed
6 Tbsppear preserves
1 largeripe pear, sliced thin
3/4 chazelnuts, chopped fine
How to Make Hazelnut Crusted Brie with Pear Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, center oven rack.
- Peel and core ripe pear, slice thin and set aside.
- Beat egg well and set aside.
- Using one tablespoon of flour lightly dust counter or pastry board.
- Place puff pastry sheet on floured counter, dust with remaining flour.
- Gently, and I do mean gently roll out puff pastry into a round shape.
- Brush rim of rolled out puff pastry with egg wash.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet with flavorless cooking spray.
- Transfer puff pastry to prepared cookie sheet.
- Center Brie round.
- Center pear preserves on brie round. Using the back of a spoon spread out leaving 1/2 inch rim.
- Arrange pear slices in a circle on top of pear preserves.
- Begin to draw up the puff pastry. I bring up one edge and pull to center. Brush with egg wash, then bring up another section, brush with egg wash, repeat until the top of your Brie round is encased with puff pastry and all edges/folds are sealed.
- Brush well with egg wash.
- Cover top with finely chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, up to 30 if your oven runs cold.
- Remove and let stand on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a large spatula gently transfer to a large serving platter.
- Serve with sliced apples, pears, and crusty, chewy warm bread as well as the nutty top of your round. A crisp white wine or champagne goes well with this dish.