Garlic Bread Pizzas
All I can do now is make up for lost time. Garlic bread and pizza were always meant to be together, and now, at last, they can be. My Garlic Bread Pizzas create a match made in heaven, a beautiful unity that you cannot help but… DEVOUR.
- fresh crusty italian garlic bread, sliced into 1 ½-inch slices
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 c
- go-to tomato sauce
- 16 oz
- whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 28-oz. can san marzano tomatoes & their juices
- 12-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh finely chopped basil
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 tsp
- granulated sugar
How to Make Garlic Bread Pizzas
- 11Make the sauce:
Bring olive oil to medium heat in a large saucepan.
- 2Add onions and saute for two minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- 3Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- 4Use an immersion blender to smooth out to your desired consistency.
- 5Stir in all remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6You can simmer it as long as you like until you’re ready to eat.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- 9Lay the bread slices out in an even layer. Sprinkle each with a touch of the parsley.
- 10Bake 10 minutes or just until they start to crisp up. Remove from oven.
- 11Turn oven up to 400 degrees.
- 12Slather each slice in sauce, adding more or less depending on your preference (I used about 1 tbsp. per slice).
- 13Blanket each slice in a lot of mozzarella and sprinkle each with about 1 tbsp. of parmesan.
- 14Return to oven and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy.