Garlic Bread Pizzas
All I can do now is make up for lost time. Garlic bread and pizza were always meant to be together, and now, at last, they can be. My Garlic Bread Pizzas create a match made in heaven, a beautiful unity that you cannot help but… DEVOUR.
1fresh crusty italian garlic bread, sliced into 1 ½-inch slices
2 tspfinely chopped fresh parsley
2 cgo-to tomato sauce
16 ozwhole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cshredded parmesan cheese
3 Tbspolive oil
1/3 cfinely chopped yellow onion
4 clovegarlic, minced
128-oz. can san marzano tomatoes & their juices
112-oz. can tomato paste
1 Tbspfresh finely chopped basil
1 tspdried oregano
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 tspgranulated sugar
How to Make Garlic Bread Pizzas
- 1Make the sauce:
Bring olive oil to medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and saute for two minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Use an immersion blender to smooth out to your desired consistency.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- You can simmer it as long as you like until you’re ready to eat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Lay the bread slices out in an even layer. Sprinkle each with a touch of the parsley.
- Bake 10 minutes or just until they start to crisp up. Remove from oven.
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees.
- Slather each slice in sauce, adding more or less depending on your preference (I used about 1 tbsp. per slice).
- Blanket each slice in a lot of mozzarella and sprinkle each with about 1 tbsp. of parmesan.
- Return to oven and bake another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy.