- olive oil (for frying)
- 1 c
- 2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 1 box
- (24 count) store-bought cheese ravioli
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- store bought marinara sauce, heated, for dipping
How to Make Fried Ravioli
- 1Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- 2While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and the bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- 3Working in batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl.
- 4Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- 5When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravioli to paper towels to drain.
- 7Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce for dipping.