Fried Macaroni and Cheese Balls
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 cuncooked elbow macaroni
12 ozpackage cheese spread, cubed
1 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 tspground black pepper
2 citalian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cyellow cornmeal
·peanut oil, for frying
How to Make Fried Macaroni and Cheese Balls
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. In large saucepan, bring water and 1/2 t salt to a boil over high heat. Add pasta, and cook 6-8 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine hot cooked pasta, 1/2 cup milk, cheese spread, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; stir until cheeses are melted. Spoon into prepared baking dish; cover, and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Roll macaroni and cheese into 1-inch balls; place on a baking sheet, and freeze 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and remaining milk.
- In a separate small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and cornmeal.
- Dip balls into egg mixture, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry macaroni and cheese balls in batches, 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.