☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice or distilled white vinegar
How to Make Fresh Ricotta
- 1Bring milk, cream and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- 2Add lemon juice; stir gently until mixture starts to curdle. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Pour mixture into a fine-mesh sieve lined with 2 layers of cheesecloth set over a medium bowl.
- 4Chill until cheese is spreadable, at least 20 minutes and up to 12 hours (the longer it strains, the thicker it will be). Cover and chill cheese up to 3 days.