Chili Cheesecake Dip
I used chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions and extra shredded cheese for garnish as no one in my family likes olives but me.
1 ccrushed tortilla chips
3 Tbspmelted butter
16 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/4 tspchili powder
1 4oz. can(s)diced green chiles, drained
1jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
4 ozshredded colby jack cheese
4 ozshredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 csour cream
GARNISHES: TOMATOES, GREEN ONIONS, OLIVES, CILANTRO
How to Make Chili Cheesecake Dip
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- n a medium bowl, combine the tortilla chips and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and let cool for a little while. ( It helps to place it in the fridge so the crust firms up.)
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, eggs, chili powder and cumin with a mixer. Add the green chilis, jalapeno and both cheeses and blend with mixer. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spread the sour cream over the top and decorate with the tomatoes, green onions, black olives and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Remove the sides of the pan and serve with tortilla chips.
This can be prepared 1 day in advance.