Bacon & Asiago Deviled Eggs
If you like tartness to your deviled eggs...use prepared mustard instead of the honey mustard...I just so happened to have some of my homemade honey mustard on hand and it's what my family preferred...
- 1 - dozen
- hard boiled eggs - peeled
- 1/2 c
- + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise - or to taste
- 2 tsp
- honey mustard
- 1/2 - 1 tsp
- apple cider vinegar - or to taste - i used 1/2 tsp
- 5 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled fine - i used my food processor - reserve a piece of bacon for garnish
- 1 Tbsp
- heaping, minced green onion
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- fresh grated asiago cheese or to taste- i used 3
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh cracked black pepper
- if desired - i didn't use as asiago is salty and the bacon
- grated asiago, dill, green onion slices and crumbled bacon for garnish, if desired.
How to Make Bacon & Asiago Deviled Eggs
- 1Place eggs in a saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling. Remove from burner. COVER pan. Leave eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs; 15 minutes for extra large).
I run under cold tap water as I peel. The shell always peels right off.