Addictive Cheese Logs
I used to sneak one out of the freezer and put it in between my bedroom window and the storm window where it was really cold (Michigan) and nibble on it all winter!
I like to make big batches and freeze it for Holiday parties. It thaws very quickly at room temperature.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
16 ozphiladelphia cream cheese, softened
16 ozvelveeta cheese, cubed
16 ozsharp cheddar cheese, cubed
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 cfinely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1 pkgground paprika
How to Make Addictive Cheese Logs
- Place cheeses into a large mixing bowl to soften. Add minced garlic and turn mixer on. Mix on slow speed until cheeses are completely blended.
- Add finely chopped nuts, and mix well. Take a good length of waxed paper and pour a thick line of paprika in the center.
- This is the MESSY part! Using food service gloves, take a large handful of the cheese mixture and form into a log about 1 inch in diameter and 8 inches long (depending on your hand size - mine are large). Place on top of the paprika and roll back and forth until the log is completely covered in the paprika.
- Wrap log in plastic wrap tightly, then place into a freezer container or wrap again in aluminum foil. These can be frozen for several months, or placed in refrigerator to firm up.
- To serve, unwrap frozen or chilled log and place on serving plate. Surround with your favorite crackers and stand back! It will disappear very quickly!