Very Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
·apples enough to fill a 6 quart crockpot 3/4 full
1 cwhite sugar
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Very Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
- This is a 24 hour process. First peel, core and quarter your apples. (I use a variety Granny Smith, Johnathans or Gravesteins) Fill your crockpot 3/4 full with the apples.
- Add the vanilla and cook on low over night.
- Next morning take a potatoe masher or spoon and mash the apples, then add the sugars and spices and mix well.
- Cook 6 to 8 hours on low until nice and thick. Take a wooden spoon around the sides of the crockpot every so often.
- Place in hot half pint jars, wipe rims, and process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath. This will make about 6 to 7 half pints.
- I will post pictures of my jarred apple butter in a few days.