By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbspinach, trimmed, washed
6 Tbspbutter, softened
·salt and freshly ground pepper
1 smallclove garlic
1/2 cpine nuts
1/2 cseedless raisins
·smoked ham, optional
How to Make Spinach
- Cook spinach about 5 minutes in a heavy enameled pot.
- After squeezing thoroughly to rid of as much water as possible, chop it coarsely and put into enameled saucepan with the softened butter and other seasonings.
- Stir over very low heat until butter is almost absorbed.
- Add small clove of garlic, crushed in garlic press, 1/2 cup pine nuts, 1/2 cup seedless raisins (softened 5 minutes in hot water).
- Cover and cook over very low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Turn into a hot vegetable dish.
- A cup of chopped, smoked ham may be added if desired.