How to Make Shrimp Kabobs
- Mix soup, orange juice, soy sauce, veg. oil, ginger and brown sugar in a shallow, NON-metallic dish. Mix well. Add shrimp, stir to coat well. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, stirring intermittently.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Thread shrimp onto long skewers (I use two skewers each, so they will not 'twirl' around when trying to turn them on the grill. Instead of just one skewer going up the middle of each shrimp, I put a skewer at the head-end, a skewer at the tail end, and then slide 4 or 5 more shrimp onto those two skewers in like-fashion ... it anchors them better. Repeat this for each kabob).
- Place kabobs on lightly-oiled grill rack over medium coals. Grill, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink, turning and brushing often with the marinade.
- Heat remaining marinade to a slight boil for several minutes, and serve with the shrimp.
- VARIATION: Prepare as in steps 1 & 2. Instead of grilling in step 3, place kabobs on rack in broiler pan. Broil 4" from heat for 5 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink, turning and brushing often with marinade. Proceed as in step 4.