Potato and Leek Casserole1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cleeks, scrubbed and cut in 1/2" pieces
1/2 ccarrots, shredded
2 Tbspolive oil
1 tsprosemary, dried
1 cvegetable broth
2 lbred potatoes, unpeeled and sliced in thin rounds
How to Make Potato and Leek Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In deep skillet, coat leeks and carrots with olive oil. Cover and simmer over low heat until soft.
- Add seasonings; mix well.
- Layer a well-oiled 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole (with cover) with 1/3 of the potatoes, then 1/2 the seasoned vegetables; repeat and finish with last 1/3 of potatoes.
- Pour broth evenly into casserole; cover and bake for 50 minutes covered at 375 degrees.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and/or chives.
- Variation: Substitute carrots with zucchini if desired. Half of leek can be finely chopped yellow onions.