Pi Day Tarts
How to Make Pi Day Tarts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place thawed puff pastry on a floured board. Roll out to desired thickness.
- Take out two cookie cutters of different sizes. Use the larger of the two to cut out 4 circles to fit inside 4 large muffin tins.
- Place large puff pastry circles in muffin tins. Place foil over each tart, fill with beans to weigh down puff pastry
- Cut out 4 small circles for tart toppers. Using a small knife, cut out Pi symbol into each tart topper. I had a little extra puff pastry, and made the large pi symbol in the picture.
- Take egg white beaten with water and brush tart toppers with it. Sprinkle with sugar. Place tart toppers on cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake tarts and toppers together in a 350 oven. Toppers with be done after 15 minutes. Tarts will take 20 minutes
- Allow toppers to cool on a rack. Leave tarts in muffin tins for about ten minutes, then remove.
- Rinse strawberries, drain. Cut into quarters, place in medium bowl. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup sugar. Fill tarts with strawberries, top with pi toppers. Serve with whipped topping. Enjoy, and have a Happy Pi Day! If you want to make these for any other day, cut whatever shape you want out of your tart toppers. A heart would be cute. Have fun!