PEANUT BUTTER MOCHI - JAPANESE DESSERT
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make PEANUT BUTTER MOCHI - JAPANESE DESSERT
- Combine peanut butter and honey, refrigerate until firm.
- Bring water to a boil, add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add mochiko a little at a time, stirring constantly. Continue stirring over medium heat until lumps are dissolved.
- Place dough on a surface dusted with katakuriko. Allow to cool slightly. Sprinkle with more katakuriko and knead a few times until smooth.
- Form into a log.
- Pinch of a 1 1/2-inch piece of dough and flatten into a circle.
- Place a teaspoon of the peanut butter filling in the center and fold edge around the filling and pinch to seal.
- Makes about 24 peanut butter mochi balls.