Crock Pot Goetta
2 1/2 cpinhead or steel cut oats
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 lb90% lean ground beef
1 lbzesty pork sausage re: bob evans
1 1/2 cfinely chopped onions
1/2 tspsage, dried
1/4 tspthyme, dried
4bay leaves, dried
1/2 ccornmeal to thicken
How to Make Crock Pot Goetta
- Place water,oats,salt and pepper into a 6 quart crockpot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring 2-3 times.
- add ground beef and pork sausage to a large pan and cook until no longer pink;make sure the meats are well broken up. Add onion to skillet and cook until soft. Drain, and add all to crockpot. Stir well.
- Add sage, thyme, and bay leaves to crock pot, Stir well.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 4 hours.
- Uncover, and add cornmeal. Stir well. Cover and cook for additional 1/2 hour.
- Turn out into 3 greased loaf pans, cool and then chill in refrigerator overnight. When set, turn out out one pan and slice into patties. Freeze remainder of 2 loaf pans.
- Slice and fry in a little butter and oil until brown and crusty. Don't let them touch in the pan or they will run. Enjoy with eggs and toast.Serve as sandwiches for lunch or dinner in place of meat.