Gingersnap Pecan Pie Crust
How to Make Gingersnap Pecan Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter the bottom of 9" pie plate. Lightly sprinkle flour in bottom of pie plate and shake around the sides until the plate is very lightly coated. Shake out any loose flour.
- Place gingersnap cookies into a ziploc bag and using a rolling pin, crush cookies until they are a fine crumb consistency.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Gingersnap cookie crumbs with your finely chopped pecans and sugar, stirring with a spoon until they appear blended evenly. Melt remaining unused butter. Combine with pecan/ gingersnap mixture.
- Pour pie crust mixture into pie plate. Using a metal measuring cups or fingers press crumbs to form along the top rim, sides and bottom of the pie plate evenly.
- If using for pies that will be baked, place crust in preheated oven for 6 minutes, followed by adding your pie filling and baking further. If used for pies that are not baked additionally, you will want to bake the crust for approximately 15 minutes or until browned lightly to preference.