Blue Ribbon Recipe
The marinade makes this chicken especially moist and the cereal adds a delightful crunch! The Test Kitchen
4boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cplain yogurt
1 citalian dressing
1 ccaptain crunch cereal, crushed
1 cdry bread crumbs
1/2 cfinely crushed pecans
How to Make P-Kan Chicken
- Blend yogurt & dressing together. Immerse chicken breasts in mix & chill, covered, overnight.
- Blanch breasts in a 350 degree, preheated, oven for 10 minutes. Cool to room temp. Combine pecans, Captain Crunch, & bread crumbs.
- Season flour with salt, pepper, & nutmeg. Dredge both sides of chicken breasts in flour mixture. Whisk together eggs & milk. Soak floured breasts in this for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Press both sides in bread crumb mixture until throughly coated.
- At this point, chicken may be cooked one of two ways:
1 - Return chicken to oven & bake 30-40 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned.
2 - Cook chicken in skillet in hot extra virgin olive oil 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned.