Our Family Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This recipe's really good and really easy! Throw it in the Crock Pot in the morning, and your house will smell amazing all day while it's cooking. The meat is very tender and the flavor is fabulous. Great for tailgates, movie night or an easy weeknight dinner! The Test Kitchen
1 1/2 lbbeef round steak/cut into strips
1 mediumgreen pepper/sliced thin
1 mediumonion/sliced thin
1 can(s)vegetable broth (can also use beef), 14 oz.
1envelope Italian dressing mix
1 largeloaf French bread, sliced into sandwich lengths
6 sliceprovolone or American cheese
How to Make Our Family Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place cut meat strips into slow cooker.
- TIP: cut meat when semi-frozen for easier thinner slices.
- Add green pepper, onions, broth, and dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
Or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Spoon meat into bread, top with a slice of cheese.
- OR: Toast bread in a 375 degree oven for 5-10 minutes. Add meat, cover with cheese, bake 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- We like extra cheese on ours. These are SO good!