How to Make Mint Meltaways
- Melt Andes chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until completely creamy. cool a little while making the rest of the mix.
- Cream the cream cheese til smooth.
- Gradually add Andes melted chocolate SLOWLY and blend well. If the chocolate starts to seize after adding, throw the entire bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and blend til smooth. It fixes the seizing problem.
- Cover mix and place either in fridge for 45 minutes, or freezer for 20 minutes, until firm enough to manage.
- Remove from fridge/freezer. Scoop and roll 1" balls, and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Put BACK in the freezer for 10 minutes until balls are firm and set.
- Melt the dipping chocolate in either double broiler or microwave.
- Remove from freezer and using whatever dipping method you prefer (I use the 2 fork method), dip each ball in the chocolate, completely covering it. Drip the excess chocolate off.
- While the chocolate is still a little tacky on the 1" balls, roll them in the finely crushed candy canes.
- If you don't want to use candy canes for coating, get vanilla almond bark and melt it down, use a couple drops of mint extract oil in it, put into a piping bag (or sandwich bag with corner clipped off) and drizzle over the finished product.
Store in airtight container in the fridge, remove them 1/2 an hour before serving for that melt in your mouth texture.