Chicken Cheddar Quesadillas With Tomato And Corn Salsa
TOMATO AND CORN SALSA INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cpurchased medium chunky salsa
1 cfrozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cchopped red onion
1/4 cchopped fresh cilantro
·season with salt and pepper to taste
QUESADILLA FILLING INGREDIENTS
2 tspchili powder
1 tspground cumin
1 lbchicken tenders
4 Tbspolive oil divided
2large garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 cchopped red onion
6 Tbspchopped fresh cilantro set aside
6burrito size flour tortillas (11 inches in diameter)
3 cpacked grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 12 oz.)
How to Make Chicken Cheddar Quesadillas With Tomato And Corn Salsa
- To make Tomato and Corn Salsa:
Stir salsa, corn, 1/4 cup red onion, and 1/4 cup cilantro in small bowl to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- To Make Quesadilla Filling:
Sprinkle chicken with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and 3/4 cup red onion and sauté 1 minute.
- Add chicken and sauté until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle half of 1 tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place 1/6 chicken mixture on top of the cheese
- Sprinkle with 1tablespoons cilantro and another 1/4 cup cheese.
- Fold tortilla in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, chicken mixture, and cilantro.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat.
- Place 2 quesadillas in each skillet.
- Cook quesadillas until brown and cheese melts, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer quesadillas to work surface and cut into wedges
- Arrange on platter; serve with the tomato and corn salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
- Note: In a rush? To make this recipe take even less time substitute the chicken tenders with a pre-cooked chicken from the store following all of the above steps except just cooking the chicken long enough in the frying pan to warm it.