Ice Box Lemon Drop Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one of the most moist cakes I've ever had! (I attribute that to the addition of the buttermilk... along with the TLC that goes into the prep.) Perfect for a fresh finish to any meal! The Test Kitchen
- 1 duncan hines moist deluxe lemon cake mix
- 1 c
- 3oz. lemon instant pudding mix (dry)
- 4 c
- confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 c
- bottled lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Ice Box Lemon Drop Cake
- 1In large bowl, stir together dry cake mix and pudding mix. In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients and eggs that the cake mix calls for plus the buttermilk.(where your box reads the amount of water (1 1/3 cup usually), put in 1 cup water and 1/3 cup lemon juice to make the cake even more lemon tasting, if you like) Beat with mixer until blended. Add to dry mixture and beat until combined.
Bake in a greased 9x13 baking pan in a preheated 350 degree oven for the time the cake mix box calls for...depending on your oven. It will require a couple minutes longer baking time than cake mix box calls for because of the extra moisture produced by the milk. Stick a toothpick in the center to check for doneness.
- 2ICING: Combine water, oil, powdered sugar and lemon juice with a mixer until smooth. Add one more tablespoon of water if consistancy isn't saucy. "Glaze" the cake when just a little cooled. Do not over glaze it because the icing is sweet. Just a THIN layer is required. There will be icing left over for a couple more cakes. Store in fridge and just stir it real good to use again.
- 3Store cake in fridge and serve cold or room temp.