How to Make Ho Ho Cake
- Combine the milk and cornstarch in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Set aside and let cool at room temperature.
- Prepare the cake mix as per directions for a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake.
- Cream sugar, shortening, and butter in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and milk mixture. Spread over warm cake; let cool completely completely!
- Combine 2 Tbsp. butter, and cocoa in a bowl; mix well. Add powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla. Add 1/2 cup hot water and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over cooled frosted cake. Chill in refrigerator until set.