Butter Pecan Cake
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is one of the best cakes I have ever had! It was so good in fact, that I had to get it out of the house so I would not eat it all! I did, however, add ½ cup more pecans so that I would have some for the icing. Also, if you prefer thick icing (like I do) you might want to double the icing recipe. The Test Kitchen
1 cpecans, chopped
2/3 cbutter, softened
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
3 Tbspbutter, softened
3 cpowdered sugar
3/4 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Butter Pecan Cake
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; stir in pecans and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; cool.
- Cream softened butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy and sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans, reserving remaining pecans for Butter Pecan Frosting.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 inch cakepans; bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool layers in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
- Spread top and sides of cooled cake with Butter Pecan Frosting - Yield: one 2-layer cake.
- Butter Pecan Frosting: Cream butter; add sugar, milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in reserved toasted pecans - Yield: enough frosting for one 2-layer cake.