French Dip Sandwiches Crock Pot Style
Michelle E Duren
How to Make French Dip Sandwiches Crock Pot Style
- Melt butter in a large pan.
- Slice onions in half, then into 1/4 inch slices.
- Saute the onions in the butter untill brown and tender.
- While the onions are cooking, combine the water, soy sauce, soup mix and garlic in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the crock pot.
- Sprinkle roast lightly with season salt on all sides then add to crock pot. (If it is a very thick roast, you may cut it in half)
- Pour the water mixture over the roast.
- Cover and cook:On low, 7-9 hours, on high, 4-5 hours.
- (Add shredded swiss cheese over the top, and broil before serving if desired.)
- Scoop onions out of crock pot with a slotted spoon and serve as a condiment. The remaing juice is your Au-jus dip.
- Serve on good, soft sub, or hoagie rolls. As for a side dish?....steak fries!