Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
1 lbitalian sausage removed from casing
8-10large eggs, beaten
·salt, pepper, parsley to taste
4 Tbspmelted butter
24 ozpackage frozen hash browns (o'brien potatoes with onion/pepper work well)
8 ozshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown sausage in skillet, breaking it up into small pieces as it browns.
- Add the hash brown potatoes to the sausage half way through cooking. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Place the sausage/potato mixture into a greased casserole dish (I use Pam.)
- Add the milk and melted butter to the beaten eggs.
- Season the egg mixture with salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potato/sausage mixture.
- Top with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake for one hour. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Note: If you can't find O'Brien potatoes with onion and pepper, you can add some chopped pepper and onion to the pan while browning the sausage.