By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 clight corn syrup
1/2 cheavy cream
2 tspvanilla extract
1.5 cpecans, coarsely chopped
2 ozsweet german chocolate
·walnuts, halved (optional)
How to Make Chocolate-Glazed Caramels
- Line a 9x5x3 loaf pan with foil.
- Lightly butter foil.
- In a heavy, 2 1/2-quart saucepan, combine granulated and brown sugars, corn syrup, cream, milk and butter.
- Cook, stirring with wooden spoon, over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring occasionally, to 240 to 245 on candy thermometer, or until a little in cold water forms a firm ball, like caramel.
- Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan; let cool.
- Melt chocolate in double-boiler top, over hot, not boiling, water.
- Spread over mixture.
- Refrigerate to allow the chocolate to harden.
- With warm knife, cut into 32 pieces (4 x 8).
- If desired, decorate each piece with a walnut half.