By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cwhite wine, dry
1/2 cmonterey jack cheese, cubed small
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
1 tspworcestershire sauce
2 cmushrooms, sliced
1/2 tspgarlic powder
How to Make California Rarebit
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the wine and heat, then stir in 2 cups of the cheese.
- Heat until melted.
- Add a little of the cheese mixture to the beaten egg and then add the egg mixture back into the cheese.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Add the worcestershire sauce and basil, set aside keeping the sauce warm.
- Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter until just tender then sprinkle with the garlic powder and remove from the heat.
- Arrange toast points or triangles on individual heatproof plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the toast then top with the sauteed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and broil until bubbly.