*Note: Go around the edges of each cup with a dry toothpick to loosen before/during the cooling process. If making traditional brownies, you may need to bake for less/additional time, pending on your pan size.
1 2/3 csugar
2/3 cunsweetened cocoa
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cunbleached white flour
1/4 Tbspbaking soda
1/4 Tbspfine sea salt
1/2 cwalnut pieces (optional)
How to Make Brownie Babies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until mix is bubbling.
- Pour into mixing bowl; add chocolate. Stir until combined. (If using a stand mixer, use the lowest setting.)
- Add eggs one at a time. (Keeping the mixer on low.)
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture; stir well. (Bring mixer to medium speed.
- Stir in walnut pieces, if desired.
- Using a medium sized ice cream scoop or a good sized cereal spoon, scoop brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 15 minutes.