4chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1green bell pepper, cut into strips
8 ozportabello mushrooms, fresh, sliced
·garlic, crushed, to taste (i use a lot)
·dash of lemon juice
1 pkgspinach, fresh chopped
4 sliceswiss cheese
·hollandaise sauce (i use knorr hollandaise sauce mix)
How to Make Chicken Florentine
- Saute the chicken breasts in the lemon juice and olive oil until done, set aside (you can add garlic here)
- Saute the green pepper, onion and portabello mushrooms until tender (more garlic is always good), when almost done, add the spinach and saute it as well
- Place chicken back in pan with onion/pepper mix and allow to warm. While this is warming, prepare hollandaise sauce.
- When hollandaise sauce is ready, place a slice of swiss cheese on the chicken breast and separate the peppers/onions evenly for four servings. Drizzle the hollandaise over the chicken.
- I typically serve this with garlic butter egg noodles...everyone who has tried it....LOVES it.